About American Loggers Council Endorsed Master Logger Certification©
American Loggers Council endorsed Master Logger Certification© is a third-party independent certification of logging companies’ harvesting practices. The certification system is built around 7 areas of responsibility that have been cross-referenced to all of the world’s major green certification systems.
The 7 Areas of Responsibility are key elements of responsible logging practices and include evaluation of a timber harvesting business according to the following categories:
- Protection of water quality and soils.
- Compliance with government regulations appropriate to a logging business.
- Compliance with acceptable silviculture and utilization standards.
- A provision for participation in an on-going training regimen.
- Employment of aesthetic management techniques, where applicable.
- Follow a harvest plan that is site specific and agreed upon by the landowner.
- Employment of sound business management techniques.
This video from Missouri Forest Products Association explains a great deal about the benefits of Master Logger Certification©.